Why it’s Important to Maintain Your Website
Once you have created an epic website, it can be tempting to just forget about it and hope
that it creates leads on its own but its important that you maintain your website regularly.
But unfortunately, that’s not how websites work. A website should be treated somewhat as
a living creature that needs attention in order to thrive. Your site needs to keep up with
international trends, the Google algorithm and competitor sites.
Whether you have a WordPress of PHP site, by maintain and updating your site you’ll
definitely get more leads and potential clients!
Areas to Focus on
So, we’ve established that maintaining your site is important, but which aspects of your site
are most vital to focus on when it comes to maintenance?
- Blogs– Blogs are a fantastic way to keep your site relevant. Publishing a weekly blog
on your site allows you to add more keywords to site and provide your clients with
useful information, bringing more traffic to your site.
- Gallery– Having up-to-date, high quality images on your site makes your company
look legitimate and give clients an inside look at your business, so try and update
your gallery regularly.
- SEO Optimisation– At Least twice a month, you should relook at your keywords andensure that the keywords you have optimised your site for are still relevant. Using
tools like Google Keywords is highly recommended.
- Changes to the Google Algorithm– The Google Algorithm undergoes a major change
at least once a month. It is exceptionally important to keep on top of these changes
and update aspects of your site accordingly.
- Personal Info– It goes without saying that if your telephone number, social media
links or business address change, it should be updated on your website as soon as
Need some help with website maintenance? Maintaining and updating your site can be a
real headache, so why not leave it to the professionals? The team at Website Brothers will
ensure that your site is always completely optimised for SEO and all info is up to date.